As a Federal Mediator Juan Carlos Gonzalez provided extensive training to the Labor Relations industry.
Training Programs conducted for FMCS are described below:
Joint Labor Management Committee (JLMC) Training: directing labor-management groups on the design, development and implementation of an LMC.
- 7 Private Sector JLMCs with various Unions participating: the design, development and facilitation of a Joint LMC focused on maintaining a continuous dialogue between Management and Union.
- 11 Public Sector JLMCs with various Unions participating: design, development and facilitation of a Joint LMC focused on addressing issues unresolved in the workplace.
Interest Based Bargaining (IBB) and Problem Solving: training representatives of the union and management negotiating committees on how to negotiate and solve problems using an interest based approach.
- 2 Public Sector School District Negotiations for contract negotiations of Classified employees
- 2 Public Sector School District Negotiations for contract negotiations of Credentialed employees
- 2 Public Sector Negotiations for contract negotiations
- 1 Private Sector Negotiations for contract negotiations
- 1 Private Sector Negotiations for initial contract negotiations
Manager & Union Steward Training: providing instruction to front-line supervisors/managers and union stewards on a better understanding of collective bargaining agreements, proper discipline, effective communication and handling of grievances.
- 9 Private Sector programs in various industries
Relationship By Objectives: three day intervention program mediating highly contentious labor-management relationships in which the parties identify problem areas and behaviors, prioritize issues, brainstorm options, develop a consensus on solutions and develop action plans. All programs with Commissioner Joe Mansolillo in San Diego as lead:
- 2 Public Sector School Districts
- 1 Federal Secor
- 1 Private Sector
Diversity Training: providing instruction on diversity issues to improve workplace harmony.
- Private Sector: three sessions of a two day diversity training program for newly hired security officers and supervisors
Mediator Training: provided as an ADR service, a one-week mediator training program for customer-agency employees who have been chosen to become mediators for their own internal-agency EEO complaints.
- Federal Sector: 40 Hour Mediator Training
- Federal Sector: 40 Hour Mediator Training
- Labor Relations for EEO Professionals: conducted a special program for the Federal Executive Board for Federal employees needing a primer on the interactivity of the EEO process with such entities as Management Rights, Union Rights, statutory requirements and the collective bargaining agreement.
Colombia: Bogotá, Medellin & Cali, Cartagena
International Labor Organization of the United Nations Labor Relations Development Project with US DOL for Bogotá, Colombia:
- In coordination with the ILO office in Colombia, FMCS design mission to develop and coordinate tripartite (labor, management & government) training to introduce collaborative problem solving. (July 28 – 31, 2003)
- Bogotá: FMCS Training Design and Delivery Team providing instruction to tripartite leadership on the improvement of Labor Relations in Colombia through collaborative problem solving. (September 18-26, 2003)
- Medelline & Cali: FMCS Training Design and Delivery Team providing instruction to tripartite leadership on the improvement of Labor Relations in Colombia through collaborative problem solving. (February 8-13, 2004)
- In coordination with the ILO office in Colombia, FMCS design, develop and coordinate a tripartite training program for national union leadership, management associations and government leadership in Cartagena, Colombia. (July 2005)
US DOL/Bureau of Int’l Labor Affairs (ILAB) Labor Relations Project for Lima, Peru:
- FMCS Program Manager, Design, Develop & Coordinate Conciliator Training for National Mediators & Inspectors and Labor & Management Leadership Training (September 3-8, 2002)
- FMCS Training Design and Delivery Team for National Mediators & Inspectors and Labor & Management Leadership Training (November 4-10, 2002)
Argentina: Cordoba & Buenos Aires
US DOL/ Bureau of Int’l Labor Affairs (ILAB) Labor Relations Project for Cordoba, Argentina:
- Cordoba: Regional Conciliator Training (November 9-21, 2001) and Labor & Management Leadership Training (April 15-19, 2002)
- Buenos Aires: Argentina National Ministry of Labor Advanced Mediator Training (April 21-23, 2002)
Buenos Aires: University Del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina: Panel on Negotiations During a Crisis (April 22,2002)